Friday, April 18, 2008

everyone is doing it...

It feels like lately all I hear people talking about are their blogs. I started to feel very sad about neglecting my poor blog for so long. I guess I just felt uninspired. Now since "everyone is doing it", I guess I will.
Right now I want to vent a little... My beautiful little girl is 16 months old now and she is a good sleeper. This is a good thing most every day, but today I am frustrated. She is such a good sleeper that you can set your watch to when she will start to fall apart every day. This time is around 12:30ish before her nap. It makes it very hard to run errands or meet someone for lunch. There is potential for things to be VERY not fun. Another thing that makes this very inconvenient is that if I am driving in the car around 12:30ish there is a very high likelihood of her falling asleep in her car seat. What this means is that she will not go back to sleep when we get home, thus creating more crankiness for all parties involved. =) Today is one of those days. We went up to Marietta to have brunch. We even set the time for eating at 10:30 so that I could be back home before the nap. But I had one little errand to run after eating which put us behind on heading home. I spent the 40 minute trip back to Atlanta from Marietta blaring music, putting the windows up and down, and tickling the poor child. She was helpless against the weight of her eyelids and I failed in keeping her awake. Now we are home and she is playing in her crib, wide awake. Wait, let me go check...
OMG she fell asleep! That never happens, I swear! My venting still applies. Is it sad when a triumph of my whole day is the fact that my child fell asleep? No, it's not sad, because we are all happier people when she sleeps.
I am now wondering if this blog will be all about motherhood. Hmmm, maybe. I have to say, it does feel nice to know that blogger will listen to me and let me vent. So I am glad that everyone is doing it. And by "do it", I mean blogging.

1 comment:

Lesley said...

yay--welcome back to blogging!

and for the record, i don't think it's sad when the triumph of your day is when she falls asleep. the triumph of my day is when i get to insert a comma somewhere.