Sunday, April 09, 2006

six flags rocks

Well, today we went to six flags over GA with some friends of ours. It was a perfect spring day...cool in the shade, warm in the sun. I love spring, even though spring in Ga lasts about 2 days, and then it's on to summer. But today was perfect. We had a blast at six flags yet again. It is just one of those places that has adults acting like crazy people, screaming and laughing and drooling. We talked our friends into doing the big swing. You slowly are raised into the sky by a cable, and suddenly you come to a stop at about 200 feet where you have to pull your own rip cord that sends you careening towards the ground. It has to be one of the biggest rushes ever. It is one of the scariest things I have ever done, but so worth it. After the initial drop, you just soar back and forth, it feels like your flying. Here are a couple of pictures of Josh, my brother Brian, and me doing the big swing when we were at six flags together last october.



We also rode the new ride, Goliath. This ride is now my favorite. It was so smooth and had the biggest drops. Anyway, I got to thinking today at six flags that I am getting older. It makes me sad. I actually think about the human error aspect of these rides, and how easy it would be for me to plummet to my death. I never used to think this way. It is so great though, to give in to that part of you that is all kid. To scream until your voice is gone, to laugh until tears are streaming down your face, and scare yourself so bad you think you might seriously pee pee in your pants. Today was such a day, today was great!

4 comments:

Brian T. Murphy said...

katie - It looks like you went on a Sunday, which means that I am disappointed that you were at six flags, instead of at church.

Stephanie Willis, LCPC, CADC said...

hi there person i don't know. . . i am only commenting because i wanted the world to know that i am 25 and scared shitless to ride roller coasters. i can't even do those dumb carnival rides. i'm pretty sure i would die. no doubt about it. but i'm glad you made it through ok.

CP said...

Katie! I found your blog through your brother, through Brett! And since I love Six Flags, I decided to comment on this post. I hope all is well up in that northwestern part of ATL!

Anonymous said...

I was scared to go on the Goliath. Love the Batman. Did you guys get any Six Flags Coupons for SF over Georgia.